Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Husband

My husband is my best friend. He knows everything about me and he still loves me.

We have been together for almost 12 years and married for seven. Therefore, we have been on our life journeys together for awhile. I love that not only do I have my own life story, but I have one with him too. I love looking back at the story we have lived so far together. We have gone through many valleys and visited many mountain tops as a couple. During those times it was crucial that we did the valleys together, as hard as they were, and even more rewarding to rejoice when we reach mountain tops together.

Each chapter of our story has brought us closer. This I know, are choices we both had to make as each situation unfolded. We could have easily given up, held a grudge, not forgiven, or driven away. Thankfully each circumstance provides a choice.

Thankfully the threads of God's love, forgiveness, mercy and grace are interwoven into our marriage. They keep us together and though we may be weak during times, His ties are strong. And, when times in our life feel overwhelming or much to high to climb, his threads become a blanket to comfort us or a rope to pull us up. We both know we couldn't do this "marriage" thing on our own.

I thank the Lord often (but still not enough) for blessing me with such a great husband, whom I can experience life with and build a great story with.

1 comment:

  1. That was great - it's so nice to hear other couples married to their best friend and still in love after ups and downs. Marriage isn't valued enough these days so your words hold true and I hope they inspire many :)

    ReplyDelete

My sweet girls

My sweet girls