I'm reading this really good book right now that has me excited about life and people. It's called "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years", written by Donald Miller. I am captivated by his whole idea that we are all living a story and how you live your life depends on how good of a story you are creating. The book is really about him and his journey of learning about 'story' and trying to live a better one. He therefore takes more risks and goes after the dreams that he has.
I am inspired by his story and the people in his book that he mentions. It makes me tired of dreaming and wanting to start taking steps of faith to go after things that will make my story come to life.
I ask myself why am I afraid to do things I long to do? Is it the effort that it will take to get there? Am I afraid of failing? Or am I afraid of pursuing something in fear of getting there and being disappointed?
I have many dreams. Many of which I know will happen in time. I want to home-school my girls, go with my family and travel north America in an RV, and open a bed and breakfast to serve people in ministry. What I really think about though is when dreams arise and the opportunity is available, will I jump at the chance?
Not only do I want to live fully alive, I want to raise my children up to be the same. I want them to find what they are passionate about and do it - to not be afraid - to become children, youth, and adults of character. I want to do things with them that make a difference to others and the world; to teach them of compassion, giving, and love; so that they know they can be and are used by God to change the face of the world, one face at a time.
Anyway, I guess these are enough thoughts for now.
Funny how my last entry was about my story and the chapters in my life :) When are we going to have another chapter together? We have so many of the same dreams and goals...you are truly INSPIRATIONAL and I love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteI just came upon your blog this morning after writing on the event page that you created. I love it! your very first post was very similar to a conversation that I had with a friend that also encouraged me to begin my blog. I love this post, I love the concept about living life to the full and I have the same dreams for my family. I love the idea of living for God in all aspects of our life and pouring that out to our kids. All of your entries are so thought provoking and inspiring. I am looking foreward to following your writing!
ReplyDelete