School has begun for me, meeting my new families, continuing families and potential families for the new school year. I love home schooling families! Wow! Do I ever learn so much. It gets me so much more excited to start homeschooling my own children.
I love searching for new curriculum or being introduced to curriculum that families are using. I enjoy hearing and seeing what families do to help their kids learn - field trips, projects, extra-curricular activities, co-ops, etc. The more and more I learn, the more and more of my previous perception of home schoolers changes. What great opportunities students have! I love that my students have the chance to learn things that they are truly interested in and learn it according to their learning style so that they actually remember what they learn!
I'm excited to teach my children what they "need" to learn, but then spend most of the day allowing them to grow in what they have been gifted in, if it is sports, music, writing, serving, constructing or whatever.
I know that God intended my family to grow up together, learn together, and live this life together. It will be an adventure, with many ups and downs, but it will be worth it.
Good for you Chels! I loved my years of being homeschooled and had much better grades when at home. My parents wouldn't do it for high school, and I'm glad they didn't, but for elementary it is invaluable. How wonderful to be able to stay home with your kids and nurture every aspect of their lives!!
ReplyDeleteI hope to spend some years homeschooling my kids too for all the reasons you have said. I would love to get together sometime and chat about how you set up your classroom and stuff, I am doing it again this year and find that it can be overwhelming trying to get organized, I would love to get some tips from you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo great to love your work....your blog makes me miss teaching like crazy though. It's a blessing you get to be a work from home mom!! I'm happy that you're happy!! Miss you!!
ReplyDelete