I turned 29 years old today. That seems weird to me. I still feel and 'think' I look the same as I did when I was 19, but I know I am definitely NOT the same person I was then.
I look back over the last 10 years of my life and I guess I could really say I'm only 10 years old because it was ten years ago that I started on the road of Eternity. It was ten years ago that "life" began to really have true meaning and a sense of purpose. When I think back over of all the things that have happened to me, I can't help but be in awe. God has really done a lot in my life. This life that I now live is a journey of many ups and downs: steep mountains, deep valleys, and plateaus. Although some mountains feel too hard to climb, it is always worth reaching the top; although many valleys feel deep and dark, there is beauty and light when you look for it; and each plateau gives me a chance to re-evaluate what "I" am doing so that I can get on the right trail again. Thankfully, each step of the way, Jesus is by my side. The view is always better when accompanied by a friend :)I know that 10 years old is still very young, and I'm glad for that, because I still have SO much to learn about Him and myself.
I love to look back on some of the difficult times in my life, and although I would not like to presently be in that place again, I would never take the experience back. Those are the moments that I remember about my life. They have meaning. They are the memories that I now look back and smile upon because they were the times that made me grow. In my weakest times, God made my story more meaningful and powerful because He saw me through them.
Sometimes, I wonder where I would be or how I would be living if I never met Him. Then again, I cringe to even ponder the idea. I'm not saying that I am perfect because I have him in my life. I am not even close. But I do know that I am a sinner who is loved and forgiven. I am glad that I am "young" and still have more mountains to climb as I continue to grow up in Him.
So, happy birthday to me. I can't wait to see what lies ahead.
Father, thank you for holding the hand of a child... me.
Beautiful Chelsey! Happy birthday to a dear friend....I pray that you felt special and loved today... Because you are such a wonderful person. Blessings on you:)
ReplyDeleteThat was lovely. You have a way with words and the way you bring God into the whole thing is amazing and inspirational. Birthday blessings to my best friend!
ReplyDelete