Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

She Dances

Three years ago, on April 10, 2009, it was Good Friday. I will never forget that day. It was the day that I had to say good bye to a special little girl, who we named "Halia". No eyes wanted to see your little hands and feet or to look upon your face, for fear of the perfect picture that I held in my mind would be shattered. I closed my eyes and let you go.

It was the same night that I felt the peace that surpasses all understanding. Some may say I felt her spirit. But the feeling I felt was that of someone familiar. Like knowing whose footsteps are coming down the hall. I could not mistaken it. It was Him. He had come to pick up his beauty and take her home. He had come to fill me with his presence, in the midst of my emptiness, so that no hole would be left unfilled.

Since then, He has given me pictures of her. Oh, she is beautiful. With brown locks of hair and eyes full of chocolate. She holds His hand and smiles, as he laughs with the joy she expels. She runs in yellow dresses, barefoot, knowing of only love and beauty. I see her sitting, playing alongside a boy of golden hair and green eyes. They giggle and hold secrets in their eyes of what is to come. Their faces full of wisdom not seen on Earth.

Halia will wait, as I wait, for the hug that has yet to come. As she waits, she dances, rejoicing in the Light. I will dance and rejoice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sweet girls

My sweet girls