Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sinking

I'm sinking, feeling like I can barely keep my head above water.

I sit back and gaze at the specks of my life, not knowing how I got here.

Wallowing in my selfishness and strangled in my self pity, I drag myself down into the depths of darkness. Who am I?

The dreams and aspirations of my childhood have become truly just dreams, if I can even remember them. The once striving young lady is tired and worn. Pressures of the world never stop pushing and baring on my door.

I cannot hold myself up, even when it is just little hands pulling me down.
Time leaves me as quickly as it comes, and I still don't know where it has gone. How is it even possible to do all that needs to be done, and still find my way through this life?

When the day is done, have I even looked up to the surface and used the last bit of strength to reach the top for one more breath?

No.

There is no need.

Even in my pride, selfishness, and pity, you reach down to the depths and hear me. You lift me up, you breathe into my soul, you sustain me. Even on days I walk away, you wait, because you love me. The strength I have for each new day, comes from you. The dreams I now dream come from knowing that I am rescued and never alone.

I know who I am.

I am Loved.

1 comment:

  1. Very moving post Chelsey! I have felt that way many days, and with all that is going on in our life right now and in our grief I can say I know he is there. I am not always ready to open the door and experience his peace, sometimes I deliberately choose to walk away when I hear him knocking at the door because I am not ready to accept his grace in this moment, that he is here, even in our sorrow, and yet I can feel it, I can feel that his joy is right there for my taking, I know he is just waiting on me to open my heart and accept his free gift. God is so good, I am so thankful the he doesn't turn his back on us, even when we turn ours on him, or just don't make time in our day to spend with him. A super encouraging read is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I am reading it for the second time in a few months because her words have pulled me through these tough times. I also follow her blog http://www.aholyexperience.com/ I always feel inspired an encouraged when I read her words! Praying for you tonight! We really should plan a get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

My sweet girls

My sweet girls