I haven't written since July. Wow. How time goes quickly. Over the past months I feel like my eyes haven't left my feet, just making sure one foot goes in front of the other. Silly me. While on survival mode, I know I have missed out on some incredible views. Many lessons have been learned through these times, but none that I regret. Learning is growing. Learning is moving. Learning is life.
I've learned to see my children as children. That during frustrating moments, it is then when they need me the most. That less words say so much.
I've learned that taking time to dance after a long day is worth every second. Even in pajamas and bath robes.
I've learned that pancakes for dinner can end a not so good day a little bit better.
I've learned that when you think you can't handle anything more, you can.
I've learned that peeling my eyes off my feet and resting them on the one who loves me can make every burden feel not as big as I thought.
Perspective.
I've learned that no matter how many times I have fallen, just to rise up and fall again, the love He has for me never changes.
This little life of mine, in all my plans, is really nothing. The story I am trying to dream up is really very small. I keep forgetting I'm a part of a much bigger story. A story that I have been invited into.
I've learned that each lesson is just helping me to remember that this life isn't about me. I just get to be loved in it!
Stop missing the view!
No comments:
Post a Comment