Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Gift

My eyes open to the early morning darkness. Silence speaks through the sleeping house, ready to be broken by dawn's squeals of Christmas cheer. I lay quietly enjoying the peace that fills my soul. Outside my window a solitary star bursts forth, sharing it's beauty with me. Reminding me of how special this day truly is.

The day begins with the joy of seeing loved ones' faces smile in response to gifts given. It's a sweet glimpse of how He must have felt when He gave the greatest Gift. Oh, how He loves to give.

The sky is alive in blue and the snow is a sea of diamonds. The sun shines this Christmas morn, nudging me to recall the Son that shines each day in my life, even on the days of grey.

I search my heart and count the richness of each blessing. Not only the blessings of joy, but even more, the ones of pain, for they are the ones that bring me back to Him, reminding me that I am not in control, that I am not alone, that I have One who is with me each moment, no matter the road's adversities.

I find the Babe, the Man, the Savior, who came, for me, to give me life in this dark world. Who loves me, even in my own darkness of mistakes and selfishness. He came to love, to give it all, to everyone, even though no one deserves it. There is no naughty or nice list. There is nothing that I can do or not do to make Him love me more or less. He loves because He is Love.

Like the star, His light shines in the darkest of places, giving hope and peace to those who receive it. Again, I open my heart to accept the perfect Gift, the Gift of love and grace and forgiveness, that I did nothing to warrant.

This is what I hold in my heart as this year comes to a close and the new year begins: He sees me, the person I am, prideful, selfish, fearful, and empty; but I was worth it. This world was worth saving.

He is my treasure. He is my gift. All else is void, yet because of Him I can have joy in all that He gives.

May you find Love, may you find Peace, may you find Joy this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sweet girls

My sweet girls