Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Joy

Eden turned 6 years old on Sunday.

Someone asked me the other day, “Is Eden always so joyful?”

I paused a moment to search out my child’s face. Her eyes radiant, her smile beaming, her unending voice enfolded in pleasure. My heart pulled.

“Yes. Yes, she is.”

My dear and precious Eden. Why is it I choose to find the faults and be blind to the beauty? So quickly, I see the strong-headed, frustrating, loud little girl. When all along you are growing in your independence, trying new things, and sharing everything on your heart and mind? You see the joy in the things I have forgotten. You face the world with smiles and laughter.

Let me not smother the light you shine.

You are beautiful, you are delightful, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly how I feel about Maggie-I have always called her my joyful child as that is how she wakes up every morning and goes to bed every night. Teachers always remark on her sunny disposition. But I see the stubborn, independent, forgettful, risk taker and sometimes that clouds the joy. Thanks for putting our girls into perspective. Happy belated birthday Eden.

    ReplyDelete

My sweet girls

My sweet girls