Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Children Teach

My girls and I play "school" and "house" and other pretend play; but today was something new. Today, Trinity wanted to play "church".

Of course, I was like, "Awesome!" And so she directed Eden and I to the couch as the "audience". She got her "microphone" and sang a made up song, something like, "Jesus, you are my sunshine; and you love me."

"I'm the pastor now," she says.

"Peter ran into the tomb and John went in after him. Be helpful and kind and love each other. Church is over."

I'd have to say it was the best church service put on by any 5 year old I know.

She made my heart smile and cheer. YES! Jesus is our sunshine and he loves us!!! YES! Peter and John RAN to find Jesus; they wanted their sunshine. Live like Jesus. Be helpful. Think of others. Show kindness. LOVE.

Feeling so grateful for moments when my children remind me of what is most important. I get so caught up in day to day things, that it is easy to miss out on the sunshine. Just because it's cloudy doesn't mean the sun isn't shining. It always is, behind those clouds, never stopping - that star never burns out. Christ's love never burns out either. His love is never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever. Really knowing that and really accepting that can only make each day brighter.

Oh, how much there is to be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! Kids are amazing, love it when you can see what they have learned and that it has stuck with them enough to use it in their play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to attend that church service :) How precious. You have such a beautiful family Chels!

    ReplyDelete

My sweet girls

My sweet girls