We have started a new chapter in our lives this past week. We have moved onto the property of our new house. Living in a 30 foot fifth wheel with two little girls next to our future home that is presently is disarray after being stripped two weekends ago. The property is beautiful, and when the sun peaks its head through the clouds for the odd minute we jump at the chance to get out of our small living quarters to explore the trees, pond and yard.
Jason leaves for work before the girls get up in the morning. So my day starts at the sound of, “Mama, it is 6:00! Morning time!”. Breakfast is made and eaten around the small kitchen table and then the day begins with stories, toys, and games until the rest of the world is up.
The girls and my day is spent out and about, to survive cabin fever. Then we’re home for naps and time for me to make an early dinner before Jason gets home from work.
Jason comes home everyday after 9 hours of straight work, no breaks, to have a quick bite to eat, then off into the house with dust mask, gloves, boots and work clothes until I call him for bath time.
6:30pm we wrap the girls in their towels as we run to the house to the only room that is somewhat presentable, the basement bathroom, for a bath before bed. Jason returns to the house for more demolition while I get the girls in pajamas, brush, read, sing, pray and put them to bed.
I do up the dishes in my little sink from dinner, make Jason’s lunch, work on report cards, pull out the hide-a-bed and run to the house for my own shower, hoping to get into bed before 9:30. Jason is not too far behind me in hopes to have a few minutes to talk before we both fall asleep.
Our evening chats usually end up discussing all the things that need to be done, the new surprises that Jason has discovered that night in the house, and the questions and doubts of what is to come and what is here.
I’m glad that on most days, one of us sees the brighter side of things. We have God. Despite all that happens to us each day, each obstacle, frustration, and dark cloud, He guides our steps, never lets go of our hands. I praise Him for being the one constant, unchanging thing in our lives right now. He is bigger than every problem put together that we face and will face.
I know that whatever the outcome of this new chapter may be, even if it should be a sad one, I will look back and see the character building moments in it. The times when Christ pulled us through. Times when we learned something really important. Times when we were challenged beyond what we thought we first could handle. I am glad that I don’t have to depend on myself or my own strength through this time. I have a God whose love for me is deeper and bigger than I could ever imagine. And, if nothing goes the way we plan, His plan is better. Our time here is just for a moment. Eternity is forever. I will keep my focus on that.
So, as this chapter progresses I pray that I will not lose sight of what is really important while I am here on this earth: to enjoy my family and friends, build memories, take time for people, listen, forgive, and most of all love, even when it is hard. And it will be. God even lost his own son because of love. That is a great love. I want to love like that. If we do, I know we all can get through this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment