I celebrated my birthday last month. Spoiled by my husband and loved by my children, we ate chocolate cake and spent time together. I don't mind getting older that much but, it is always a time of reflection on life.
So much has happened this past year. Selling our house, purchasing property a couple hours away, moving into a trailer, living without utilities, building, learning, growing... Not only do I grow and change, so does my husband, so do my children, so do my friends. It is a beautifully hard thing sometimes. It is an adventurous journey we all live.
I love the challenge and the unknowing of what tomorrow brings. Most days I feel strong in my faith because I know Him who loves me. I know the truth of His grace, that no matter my doings, His grace never seizes. It has nothing to do with what I do, but all to do with what He has already done. Knowing this makes each day much easier to live in freedom. But, there are days when I don't know where my faith is and my life is one of just rolling through the motions. Work needs doing, children need teaching, cleaning is waiting, food is cooking... over and over and over. I pick up my Bible and I don't know where to start. My prayers are tired or not even begun.
Yet, I know. I know that this new year of my life will be one of joy, challenge, love, and growth. I know this because no matter where I am in my faith, He holds me in His hands. He has a story to tell. If my faith was perfect it would not be needed. Broken faith is what He came for.
I face my new year with my weakness in Christ's strength, ready for whatever comes in this adventure, for the Hero is with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment