Thoughts over London Fog… my time to think while I drink my Earl Grey latte and be still.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cupcakes and candles

Yesterday we remembered our sweet daughter, Halia. We each choose the flowers we wished to plant into her pot. I love that each year her blue planter holds a new arrangement of colors. Fragrances picked and planted with her in mind.

We bake chocolate cupcakes and take time to frost  them with vanilla icing. Trinity and Eden know just what she would like. Pink and and purple sprinkles. A pink candle. They sing "Happy Birthday" with smiles and bright eyes. They only know that death still brings joy and happiness, birthday parties and cake.

As we celebrate her birthday, which was the day we had to say good-bye, I can't help but think of her "birth" day in heaven that day. What a party it would have been. To be in the presence of the one who created her, celebrating her arrival into paradise. Just beautiful.

I long for the day to arrive there. In that place where tears are no more and pain is a myth. Love overflows and it is as it was always meant to be.

How I miss you, Halia. But I still rejoice in your life, the life that is only abundant and perfect. How joyful I am to be your mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sweet girls

My sweet girls