Too many unhappy faces,
Not enough hugs,
Angry words,
Yelling voice,
Silent moments,
Frustration,
Little laughter,
Tired conversation,
Impatience,
Pretend listening....
Sleeping babes, soft breathing, little hands - remind me When I Forget.
You are just a child.
Help my eyes to see in the day when you are lively and bubbly. That you are just a child.
May I be quick to smile, easy to forgive, laugh often, and delight in your patient learning.
When I Forget,
Remind me that I am His child. I make more mistakes each day than I can count. I take what I want, selfish and proud, going my way, wanting my way.
Yet, he smiles, he loves, he gives, he laughs, he never turns his face. All that abounds my way is his grace. None of my good, none of my bad could earn or cut off His grace. It is what he freely gives.
I watch you sleep in the quiet, while Bun Bun rests under your breath.
When I forget, may I remember his Grace for me, His child.
No comments:
Post a Comment